Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2016

FEED DA PORO!


PORO COSPLAY:
Made by @elfscarlett
Photographed by Alfonso Cabalum


  I wanted to make this costume ever since I met Kelly and Jessica wearing theirs at MCM!

 The thing is, I did not want to "copy" or perfectly replicate their costumes, because, even before I saw them, I had an Idea of my own for a Poro costume, and that was what I did.

My costume was planned to be in a more classic style: longer and less tight skirt, and slightly bigger top, adorned with a leather belt and a classic ribbon bow.



Costume on the start VS finished costume

HAT WIPs! :D

MAKING:
This was probably the most simple costume I made!
In terms of patterns is super easy! Circle Skirt + crop top + hat! I had to add legwarmers too!
All was made out of white furr and brown stuff: leather, ribbon and felt for the horns.
The top has stretchy cotton on the back for easier fit.
The horns were cut from brown felt, sewn and filled with plush sponge, then I have sewn them in place to the hat.


COS-TESTING:

One of the ideas of my own I had, was that I would obviously make Poro with WHITE HAIR.
After testing I dropped the Idea and decided to use my natural hair for a little bit of contrast.
I am still indecisive if I prefer the white or blonde hair on my Poro costume... but the final shoot was done without a wig.

 I am happy with this costume...maybe I would have done arm acessories too! And made a more detailed hat too! And shoot this with my poro plush!
This was made in December 2014, so I have sold my costume to a super cool lady called Joanna Storm, and I dont't own it anymore!
Should I ever re-make it?

Thanks for reading!
Follow all my cosplay work on FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM

xoxo
Scarlett

2 comments:

  1. One Piece VS Naruto 4.0 As in previous versions, choose your favorite among the characters of One Piece VS Naruto 4.0 (Luffy, Zorro or Sandy) and enter the arena. In One Piece VS Naruto 4.0 you can explore other characters. The important thing is to prepare your team in the best possible way. Choose Naruto, Sasuke, Jiraiya, Minato, Zoro, Luffy, Sanji and others as characters ... Good fun.

    ReplyDelete