Pages

Monday 30 October 2017

Happy Halloween πŸ–€

Hello Magical Creatures πŸ’•
I haven't been using my blog in a long time and what better excuse than a Halloween post ?
This year I didn't actually make a costume, but I put a costume together nonetheless and I made some horns with worbla :)

I didn't make proper a tutorial on how to do them because it was my first time making worbla horns and I don't think I have enough skills yet for a well made tutorial but I took some pictures of the progress that might be helpful for anyone who's wanting to make horns with worbla :)



Time : 4 hours ( + 1/2 hrs drying time for primer/paint
Cost : approx £20-25
Materials : Newspaper, kitchen foil, worbla, PVA glue, Polyurethane foam, acrylic paint, heavy duty wire.
Tools : hot-air gun, scissors, Stanley knife, pencil, clay tools (optional)


Process :
Step 1 - I created the shape using newspaper and kitchen foil making sure both horns are similar.
Step 2 - Cut your worbla to size heat it and wrap around the horns
Step 3 - Perfect the shape by trimming the excess and hiding the seams with heat and molding.



Step 4 - Use a sharpie to mark the pattern for the texture of the horns and use the clay tools or scissors to emboss the texturised pattern
Step 5 - Prime with PVA glue ( I used 3 layers ) let dry and sand lightly.
Step 6 - Paint as you wish, let dry and apply varnish
Step 7 - Remove newspaper from the inside of horns and fill with PU foam
Step 8 - Cut the excess foam you're done ! :)

 

Here's the final result ! :)





If you try this project please share your experience with me :) or have any questions just leave me a comment πŸ’–

Thank you for reading ! :D

Love, Light and Magical hugs,
xxxx
Scarlett 

2 comments:

  1. have a great day.

    https://scienceleisure.blogspot.com/2018/04/fishing-of-fresh-water-fish-of-usa.html

    ReplyDelete